Connect MicroStrategy to Askdata
QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE:
CREATE A MICROSTRATEGY ASKDATA AGENT IN MINUTES
The goal of this workshop is to train you to create your own Askdata Agent, plug it on any MicroStrategy Dataset and customize queries. We want you to be very soon able to do all this in just a few minutes.
Before we start, let’s get used to the end user capabilities. Go ask a few questions to https://app.askdata.com/agent/ASKDATA/619247D0-CD55-40AA-9B76-09A3BA1AC6DB-Sales
- Say hi > “Hello”
- Ask for a list of available datasets > “Datasets” (or click on the “List Datasets” button)
- Ask for a list of available metrics > “List metric”
- Ask for a list of available attributes > “List attributes”
- Ask for a metric value a. “Show me Revenue” b. “Give me revenue” c. “Revenue”
- Ask for a metric over an attribute a. “Revenue per Region” b. “Unit sales for customer city” c. “Revenue per Year” d. “What’s the revenue over Years and Category”
- Ask for a metric filtered for an attribute value a. “Revenue in Region USA”
- The Agent guess which Attribute to query based on the Attribute Element you ask for a. “Revenue in 2016” b. “Costs by city in Canada in the last month” (filtering on 2 attributes)
- Shortcuts / synonyms can be configured manually. For instance, ATL stands for Atlanta, Sales stands for Revenue a. “Revenue USA” b. “Revenue Mexico” c. “Revenue Canada”
Sort based on Metrics a. Show me revenue per region sort by revenue descending b. top 3 product by units sold in the last mont
- BONUS: try to ask questions of your own, similar questions with different terminology, or new kinds of questions. If you break it, we’ll have it enhanced!
- BONUS: try to find a way to ask questions with your voice
Glossary - What’s in an Agent?
Askdata Agents are made of multiple components: Channels, Datasets, Entities:
- Agent: It is recommended to create one agent per POC/Customer. The name, logo and description of an agent can be entirely customized. Each agent gets their own Web / Skype / Facebook Messenger access
- Channels: are user interfaces that can be used to query agents. Each agent gets their own independent set channels. You are free to enable the ones you need for each of your agents. Options are Web, Facebook Messenger and Skype
- Datasets: are mapped to MicroStrategy Intelligent Cubes. You can configure as many datasets as you want. When the end user asks a question, the SmartBot decides itself which Dataset to query based on the question, metrics and attributes identified in the question
- Entities: each MicroStrategy object is referenced as entities. Entities are mostly used by the NLPs and the NL2API algorithms. Entities can be to customize object names and attribute element synonyms. There are 3 main types of Entities:
a. MEASURES: contains the list of all the metrics from your datasets
b. ENTITY_TYPE: list of all the attributes available in your datasets
: single Entity containing all the attribute elements for a given attribute
ADMIN INTERFACE – CREATE YOUR OWN AGENT
Your turn! The goal is simple : create the demo you played with at the very beginning of this workshop Let’s start by exploring Askdata administration interface.
Architecture – Multi Tenancy
Askdata architecture is multi-tenant. We are all working on the same environment. Our workspaces are differentiated with Domains, submitted when connecting to the platform. Each of you have your own domain. A great benefit from that is any new change to their technology is automatically available to all existing and future agent. This will allow them to keep enhancing your demos and POCs without having to re-create these from scratch. Please make note of your Domain as you will need it for Login and for creating agents. Log any issue you see. The resolution will benefit to the entire team.
Access the interface and login to the platform
Go to the following url: https://console.askdata.com
Create an account.
IMPORTANT: confirm your e-mail (check in the spam if you don’t find a message in few seconds)
From the screenshot above, you’ll see each agent in this view has 2 main options:
- on the top right of an Agent to share it publicly – provides a Web URL and an iFrame HTML code to embed the Agent or inviting as viewer/editor other customers 2. Click on the Agent icon to or the agent
You can always go back to this view by clicking the “My Agents” menu.
Create your own SmartBot Agent
Click to create your own Agent. It will be used for the entire workshop
You should be prompted for an assistant code. Just keep in mind that code will be displayed in the Web Bot URL when demoing to customers.
Then a new form should show up, fill it with the following information.
DISPLAYED NAME Named of the Bot as end users will see it